Baselworld 2012 is fast approaching so today we begin extensive coverage of the world's premiere Swiss watch event. The history of the show dates back to 1917 but it really exploded in the mid-to-late 1990s with the renewed appreciation for these mechanical wonders.
A few facts:
- Baselworld is held each year in Basel, Switzerland
- The show runs from March 8-15, 2012
- More than 100,000 visitors are expected to attend Baselworld 2012
- The show draws roughly 2,000 exhibitors from 50 countries, including the top 100 watch brands and all major Swiss manufacturers
- Many of the year's most important Swiss watch launches are announced at Baselworld
Learn more about Baselworld:
- Internet: baselworld.com
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: facebook.com/baselworld
- Twitter: twitter.com/baselworld
Swiss Watch Wire also has extensive coverage from previous years.
Photo source: Baselworld