This is the last in a series of posts that takes a look at the world's biggest and most important watch show. Here's an overview of some of the major themes that emerged out of Baselworld 2010:
- Understated and classic watch designs are back in vogue. Many watchmakers served up vintage and retro watch designs based on past, successful models.
- Black is the new orange. There are more black dial and all black watches (including bracelets, case, etc.) than ever before.
- Complications remain popular, especially tourbillions.
- Several new, smaller dial models may signal the end of the "giant clocks on wrist" phenomenon of recent years.
- Lightweight materials, especially titanium and ceramic, are growing in popularity.