Swiss watches are jewelry so you'd expect to see more than a few made, at least in part, of gold, silver, platinum, and other precious metals, right? But you'd be wrong. According to WatchTime's October 2008 edition of "The Ticker," just 2 percent of Swiss watches are made of precious metals. Are you as surprised as me that the bling-to-wrist factor isn't higher?
- Buy an Aston Martin for 250K and Get a Swiss Watch for ‘Just’ 35K More
- Bulova Launches Spaceview Inspired Accutron II Alpha Watch at Baselworld
- The Most Expensive Swiss Watch on Amazon.com Is a Zenith
- 6 Reasons Why Patek Philippe and Rolex Hold Their Value Better Than Other Watches
- The Rolex Touch Takes a Box of Chocolates to a New Level