Swiss watches are jewelry so you'd expect to see more than a few made, at least in part, of gold, silver, platinum, and other precious metals, right? But you'd be wrong. According to WatchTime's October 2008 edition of "The Ticker," just 2 percent of Swiss watches are made of precious metals. Are you as surprised as me that the bling-to-wrist factor isn't higher?
- Swatch’s Sistem51 Blows Away Baselworld
- Swiss Watches Shut Out of US Presidential Race
- Removing Scratches From a Watch Face
- Are Watches that Glow in the Dark Radioactive?
- The Most Important Swiss Watch Ever Made Turns 30
- How to Remove a Cyclops, Date Magnifier from Your Swiss Watch
- Swiss Watches and the Grey Market