Swiss watches are jewelry so you'd expect to see more than a few made, at least in part, of gold, silver, platinum, and other precious metals, right? But you'd be wrong. According to WatchTime's October 2008 edition of "The Ticker," just 2 percent of Swiss watches are made of precious metals. Are you as surprised as me that the bling-to-wrist factor isn't higher?
- What’s the Difference Between Automatic and Manual Watch Movements?
- The Most Important Swiss Watch Ever Made Turns 30
- Pre-Baselworld 2014: Omega Releases Stunning New Speedmaster Mark II
- Are Watches that Glow in the Dark Radioactive?
- Swatch’s Revolutionary Sistem51 Hits Retail Shelves in Switzerland
- Swatch’s Sistem51 Blows Away Baselworld
- TAG Heuer Dumps Tiger as US Pitchman