According to the Japan Clock & Watch Association, the production of mechanical watches has grown steadily in recent years--even while total production of watches has decreased. From 2003 to 2007, mechanical watch production grew by 29 percent, while quartz watches dropped 10 percent and digital timepieces declined by 27 percent. Still, mechanical watches only make up 2 percent of overall watch production.
- Apple Poaches TAG Heuer Executive
- China Haidian Buys Dreyfuss Group, Rotary
- Swatch Group Squeeze Threatens Swiss Watch Boom
- Become an Instant Expert on Collecting Watches
- The Watch Crown
- Spotted on Amazon.com: The World’s Ugliest Swiss Watch
- Requirements for the Coveted Geneva Seal Just Got a Lot Tougher
Swiss Watch Boutique
Looking for Swiss Watch Boutique, the source for fine Swiss watches at wholesale prices? Please visit the Swiss Watch Boutique store now.