According to the Japan Clock & Watch Association, the production of mechanical watches has grown steadily in recent years--even while total production of watches has decreased. From 2003 to 2007, mechanical watch production grew by 29 percent, while quartz watches dropped 10 percent and digital timepieces declined by 27 percent. Still, mechanical watches only make up 2 percent of overall watch production.
- Where to Buy a Genuine Rolex Watch in 2013
- How the Swatch Group Dominates the Swiss Watch Industry
- Removing Scratches From a Watch Face
- Tighter ‘Swiss Made’ Rules for Watches Passes Final Hurdle to Become Law
- Sale of the Century for Rolex Fans
- Five Easy Steps to Getting Your Swiss Watch Clean Like New
- The 3 Most Important Rolex Watches Ever Made