According to the Japan Clock & Watch Association, the production of mechanical watches has grown steadily in recent years--even while total production of watches has decreased. From 2003 to 2007, mechanical watch production grew by 29 percent, while quartz watches dropped 10 percent and digital timepieces declined by 27 percent. Still, mechanical watches only make up 2 percent of overall watch production.
- ‘Vegas’ Swiss Watch Sells for 625K
- Buy an Aston Martin for 250K and Get a Swiss Watch for ‘Just’ 35K More
- The Most Expensive Swiss Watch on Amazon.com Is a Zenith
- Bulova Launches Spaceview Inspired Accutron II Alpha Watch at Baselworld
- 6 Reasons Why Patek Philippe and Rolex Hold Their Value Better Than Other Watches