According to the Japan Clock & Watch Association, the production of mechanical watches has grown steadily in recent years--even while total production of watches has decreased. From 2003 to 2007, mechanical watch production grew by 29 percent, while quartz watches dropped 10 percent and digital timepieces declined by 27 percent. Still, mechanical watches only make up 2 percent of overall watch production.
- Swatch’s Revolutionary Sistem51 Hits Retail Shelves in Switzerland
- The Most Important Swiss Watch Ever Made Turns 30
- Swatch’s Sistem51 Blows Away Baselworld
- Pre-Baselworld 2014: Omega Releases Stunning New Speedmaster Mark II
- The 3 Most Important Rolex Watches Ever Made
- 6 Reasons Why Patek Philippe and Rolex Hold Their Value Better Than Other Watches
- 5 German Watches We Love